If you’re looking for the best adjustable dumbbells, you’ve come to the right place. On this site, you’ll find plenty of adjustable dumbbell reviews and buying guide to help you get the best adjustable dumbbell for your needs. So, feel free to browse the site.
Best Seller and Top Rated
Bowflex SelectTech 552 is best seller and top rated adjustable dumbbell on Amazon. Design is one of the biggest features of the SelectTech 552. It comes with a pair of docking accessory that works together with the dial system for weight adjustments. The design is solid that this dumbbell set seems to be indestructible. The handle is as well comfortable to grab, providing you with a convenient exercise.
There is a dial system that works together with the included docking accessories. To adjust the weight, all you need to do is to turn the dial located on the end of each dumbbell. It eliminates the needs for weight selector pin, which can be difficult to align. The dial system is printed with easy-to-read numbers representing the available range of weight. Read our review of Bowflex SelectTech 552.
Other Top Rated Adjustable Dumbbells
Besides Bowflex SelectTech 552, there are other top rated dumbbells. Three of them are compared below.
Ironmaster 75 lb Quick-Lock
Bowflex SelectTech 1090
|Number of dumbbells|
|Price Ranges (US $)|
Things to Consider when Buying Adjustable Dumbbells
1. Weight You Need - The first thing to consider when buying best adjustable dumbbells is the weight. If you are a beginner, a set of dumbbells is probably enough, but you will want a heavier exercise as you grow stronger. Some dumbbells weigh 25 pounds, but others can reach up to 90 or 100 pounds. The weight is adjustable, so if you plan to keep on exercising for a long period to the future, you should go for the greater amount of weight adjustability.
2. Weight Settings - Adjustable dumbbells are versatile exercise equipment since you can set the desired weight. In this case, you need to look for a simple adjustment mechanism. There are some popular types including pin system and spin lock. It is best to purchase one that only requires a single click to change the weight, instead of twist and turns which can be cumbersome at times.
3. Dumbbell Dimensions - Traditional dumbbells are round-shaped, but there are also the square ones. It does not seem to be an important factor, but the shape actually affects the overall balance and feel of the equipment. The size or dimensions are as well important factors, especially if you like space-saving design. At the store, you can try to use different products to make sure that you have a comfortable exercising experience at home.
4. Stand - A stand is useful for storage and convenient aspect. Some manufacturers include such additional equipment in the package, but you can also purchase a stand separately. However, if a stand is included in the box, the overall price may as well increase. A stand is generally designed to allow you to grab the dumbbells from standing position, so it is more convenient. Besides, you will not have to store the dumbbells on a cabinet or floor.
5. Customer Reviews - Before purchasing adjustable dumbbells, you may want to check customer reviews or testimonial provided by previous buyers. Based on the other people’s experience, you will figure out about many things that the product description probably does not tell such as ease-of-use, value for money, durability, and comfort aspect.
6. Warranty - Different manufacturers may offer different warranty. Some adjustable dumbbells are covered by 1-year warranty, 1.5-year warranty, or even 2-year. The best warranty will cover each part of the products including kettlebells, stand, labor, etc.
7. Price - Cost is always a significant factor to consider. The rule of thumb is that the most expensive product is not always the best thing to purchase. It is not advisable to spend a lot of money simply because you can. It is better to choose a reliable brand with recognized good reputation for dumbbells that will satisfy your needs without breaking the bank.
The biggest selling points of best adjustable dumbbells are its convenience and versatility. There are generally small and easy to use also. That said, some dumbbells are probably expensive and not very durable. It is always great to do a little research about the products you want to buy in order to avoid disappointment and waste of money.